Ascend Books is committed to excellent publisher-author relationships. Unlike many other publishers, the Ascend Team works with setting goals, then establishing defined objectives to maximize the sales opportunities for each custom book project. When the decision is made to proceed on a book, we put the full strength of our sales, editorial, production and distribution resources to work.
At Ascend Books we pride ourselves on:
- Efficient and frequent communication with our authors and strategic partners.
- Hands-on project management to maximize book sales and distribution.
- A coordinated plan for effective regional, national and industry specific publicity.
- Managed appearances and strategic bookings coordination.
- Up-to-date royalty reporting and contract administration.
We're always looking for new authors and new book ideas. Consider Ascend as your publishing partner if you are:
- A published author or agent with a professional book proposal.
- An author with a book manuscript to which you own the copyright.
- An association or organization with an upcoming anniversary or milestone.
Before submitting your proposal, you should first familiarize yourself with our company and the types of books we publish. When proposing a book, please consider whether it is a good fit for us. We are interested in books that are of interest to a well-defined, strong and targetable marketplace. We do not publish broad-based, general interest titles. We do not publish fiction or poetry.
How to submit your proposal:
We do accept and review unsolicited manuscripts. It is not necessary to have a literary agent represent your work, however, Ascend Books works with a network of talented agents and agencies. To help you receive proper consideration, please read and follow our guidelines and submit to the address below.
- A brief synopsis of your proposal in 1-2 paragraphs.
- An author bio or resume specifying credentials and publication credits (if any).
- A complete table of contents, plus estimated length of manuscript in words and pages.
- A description of the target audience.
- One page/paragraph on your book's unique advantages.
- A list of competing or comparable titles and how your book differs.
- A projected schedule for completion.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope of the appropriate size to contain your materials (if applicable) with sufficient postage for the return, if desired.
In receiving your proposal, we do not assume any duty not to publish a book based on a similar idea, concept or story. Submissions arriving by mail will not be returned unless accompanied by a return envelope with proper postage. Please do not send any original artwork or one-of-a-kind items that cannot be replaced. Ascend Books is not responsible for loss or return of any submission. Do not send your proposal via email unless formally requested to do so by an Ascend Books editor.
Thank you for considering Ascend Books as your potential publisher.